IUPUI Family Council
Family Connections is excited to announce a new opportunity for our current Jaguar families to get involved in our community. The IUPUI Family Council is a new initiative that will provide families an opportunity to support, experience and engage with IUPUI.
Member Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Engage with IUPUI
- Attend council meetings, which will be held virtually or on-campus in the fall or spring semesters.
- Learn about current issues, programs, and events on campus.
- Serve as a resource for other parents/families (Family Connections may refer families to council members for insight and guidance).
- Participate as a contributor for written communications to parents/families (i.e. newsletters, email correspondence, letters to families, etc.).
- Support IUPUI
- Assist with summer orientation to help answer questions, connect with incoming students and families, and speak on a panel with other parents/families.
- Assist with fall and spring family programming by welcoming families to events, aiding with program implementation, and program planning.
- Assist Family Connections in fundraising for specific programs or needs.
- Experience IUPUI
- Be knowledgeable about resources available to IUPUI students and families.
- Meet with university leaders to provide insight into parent/family needs each academic year (meetings will be coordinated by Family Connections).
Council members must be a family member of a current full-time IUPUI student.
Members are expected to attend two meetings each year, one of which will occur during Family Week or Weekend (in November) and the other will occur in February or March of the spring semester. Meetings will be held virtually or on-campus, if a council member is unable to attend in person a virtual option will be provided.
IUPUI Family Council Attendance Policy: Members who miss two consecutive meetings will be removed from the IUPUI Family Council. Attendance exceptions may be made for those who live a long distance from IUPUI.
If you are interested in serving on the IUPUI Family Council, applications will be available beginning June 1, 2022. All questions regarding the application and IUPUI Family Council can be directed to Angelica McLean-Johnson at email@example.com.