IUPUI's 8th annual Family Weekend is Sept. 29 through Oct. 1. All parents, family members, and supporters of students are welcome to attend a weekend of fun.
Several events are free, and others have a small fee. The weekend is customizable based on your interests and what you want it to be.
Here are the events you can choose from each day:
Friday, Sept. 29
- S'mores and Oars, 6 to 10 p.m., Campus Recreation Outdoor Facility (CROF), Free
- You and your student can enjoy s'mores, paint oars in celebration of the Regatta, enjoy music, and watch an outdoor movie that starts at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 30
- Regatta Family Meet and Greet, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Military Park tent near the corner of N. Blackford St. and W. New York St., $10 per person
- Enjoy a catered breakfast while mingling with other IUPUI families. Once you're done with breakfast, you can join in on the Regatta festivities. Pre-registration required and spots are limited.
- Join the thrills and spills this year, and row in the IUPUI families canoe! We are looking for four rowers and two handlers. This is a free opportunity. Express interest in our online form.
- 15th annual IUPUI Regatta, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Military Park and downtown canal, Free
- Enjoy the canoe races, festival, inflatables, games, the Dog Costume Contest, performances, food trucks, music, and more! You can participate in Family Frenzy during the festival, which are "minute to win it" style games your entire family can enjoy.
- Indy Eleven vs. Detroit City FC, 5 to 9 p.m., Carroll Stadium, $6 per person
- Cheer on the Indy Eleven during Fan Appreciation Night. The Best One Fun Zone includes pre-game activities, inflatables, and more from 5 to 7 p.m. before the game begins at 7 p.m. Pre-registration is required, but spots aren't limited.
Sunday, Oct. 1
- Family Brunch and Bingo, 9 to 11 a.m., Tower Dining, $10 per person
- Enjoy breakfast, take home a memory with our photo booth,and compete in bingo to win IUPUI swag. Pre-registration is required, and spots are limited.
Enjoy throughout the weekend
- Social media scavenger hunt
- Family Walking Tour, using Healthy IU's walking map
- Game Room in the Campus Center
Thanks to the support of Parking and Transportation Services at IUPUI families can receive a parking permit to use for the weekend. Registration is required for families that did not pre-register for tickets to the Regatta Family Meet & Greet, Indy Eleven Game, or Family Brunch and Bingo (a parking pass is already included with the pre-registered tickets).