Student and Family Connections is excited to offer this new opportunity for our current Jaguar families to get involved in our community.
IUPUI Family Council
Member responsibilities and expectations
Engage with IUPUI
- Attend council meetings, which will be held virtually or on campus in the fall and spring semesters.
- Learn about current issues, programs, and events on campus.
- Serve as a resource for other parents/families. SFC may refer families to council members for insight and guidance.
- Assist with summer orientation to help answer questions, connect with incoming students and families, and speak on a panel with other parents/families.
- Assist with fall and spring family programming by welcoming families to events, aiding with program implementation, and program planning.
- Assist SFC in fundraising for specific programs or needs.
- Be knowledgeable about resources available to IUPUI students and families.
- Meet with university leaders to provide insight into parent/family needs each academic year.
Council members must be a family member of a current, full-time IUPUI student.
Members are expected to attend two meetings each year, one of which will occur during Family Weekend in November and the other will occur in February or March of the spring semester. Meetings will be held virtually or on campus. If a council member is unable to attend in person, a virtual option will be provided.
Attendance Policy: Members who miss two consecutive meetings will be removed from the IUPUI Family Council. Attendance exceptions may be made for those who live a long distance from IUPUI.
If you are interested in serving on the IUPUI Family Council, applications will be available until Jan. 13, 2023. All questions regarding the application and IUPUI Family Council can be directed to Tonya Hall at email@example.com.